DESTINATION WEDDING DETAILS: THE ULTIMATE DESTINATION WEDDING PACKING LIST
So you decided to travel to another country, get married there, get all of your guests there?
Good, you made the best decision ever. But do you also know that packing for a wedding destination is not exactly like packing for your vacation?
We have got you covered. We have planned and organized so many destination weddings – more than we can count and we always make sure to tell the couple what to bring with them for this major event.
And we thought to share this with you in case you don’t work with a wedding planner.
Destination Wedding Packing List: Most Important Items
- Wedding Rings
- Wedding Dress/Gown
- Wedding tux/suit
- Wedding Day Shoes
- Visas (where necessary)
- Copies of your birth certificates
- Plane tickets/itinerary/boarding passes
- Credit card/travelers checks/cash
*All of the above should be packed in your carry on luggage
Destination Wedding Packing List: Pre-Wedding Week
- Strapless Swimwear (to avoid tan lines on your wedding day)
- Welcome bag items (if you decide on this of course)
Destination Wedding Packing List: Wedding Day Essentials
- Wedding night lingerie/undergarments
- Guest Favors
- Wedding day Jewelry (earrings, bracelet, necklace)
- Something old, new, borrowed, blue
- If you’re bringing your own silk/Real Touch bouquet, don’t forget to pack it
- Smartphone loaded with music for your reception
- Your Vows
- Change of shoes/slippers for dancing at the reception
- Tiara or hair clip
- Cake topper
- Seating/place cards/Table Numbers (if you’re bringing your own)
- Aisle runner
- Traditional Ceremony celebration items (i.e. Unity candle or sand ceremony supplies)
- Ring bearer accessories (i.e. Pillow)
- One of your invitations for the photography
Destination Wedding Packing List: Important Paperwork
- Copies of all vendor/Resort/Venue contracts
- List of all vendor contact info
- Proof of down payments you’ve made to vendors
- Receipts for favors/welcome bags (to show when crossing Borders & Customs)
- Photocopies of any vaccination document/prescriptions/health insurance cards
- Trip insurance
- Your wedding planning binder with all the details you’ve already arranged, printouts of all email communications with vendors, contracts, etc
- Phone number of the closest US embassy
- Marriage certificate if you had your legal ceremony at home and will be having a religious ceremony abroad (they will sometimes require proof that you are legally married)
This is our main checking list for every couple who decides on a destination wedding, so hopefully you find it helpful!
There are of course many other items and other categories that we did not cover mainly because those are relative to any couple, it depends on your destination etc.
But do let us know if we missed some items:) or what would you add to this list.
Have the best wedding, dear friends!
Each of these places is exceptional and has its particular charm. Whichever you chose you can be sure that this journey will be unforgettable.